AfterShip is a tracking solution provider and doesn’t handle the physical delivery of shipment in any way.
Reasons why a package may be stuck in transit
- Service type: delivery time varies a lot depending on the service type chosen by your courier. Some services may take as long as 3 months to ship a package.
- Custom checks: custom declarations need to be provided when shipping internationally. The documentation may sometimes cause unforeseen delays.
- International shipping: If a package is coming from overseas (other countries), it is safe to assume that delivery may take longer than usual.
Why are there no updates on my package?
- Domestic shipments: These are usually updated more often. Updates are received within 3 days. If the carrier doesn’t have updates for over 3 days, we suggest you contact the carrier or shipper to ensure the delivery is on the way.
- International shipments: These are updated less frequently. Depending on the carrier and service type, delivery time varies from a few days to a few weeks. Some carriers don’t provide complete tracking updates, especially those coming from China. It means that the tracking information stops after a shipment arrives at the destination. We suggest you contact the shipper or carrier if there are no updates for over 30 days.
What should you do if the status doesn’t change for long?
- Request your courier or shipping company to check the status of your package.
- Ask your shipper or seller about the service type used and estimated delivery date
You can easily get courier contact information from AfterShip’s website. In case you don’t have the tracking number or are not sure about which courier or shipping company is handling your package, please reach out to your seller or shipper to obtain this information.
What can you do to avoid this situation in the future?
- Always note down the type of service used by your seller and ask for an estimated delivery date while placing the order.
- Always check the required custom declaration formalities with your seller. Ask for an approximate time the whole process may take.
- Consider using premium delivery methods in the future to ensure faster delivery.